Saturday, December 29, 2012

Beards... Another "Catch 22" - Jay

As identified before, the weather in Fiji is hot. On a daily basis it has been between about 79 and 85 degrees. Yes, it rains each day, but only for a short (1-5 minutes) period of time. The humidity has been consistently stable at around 90%. So yes, hot and muggy.

That is an important note because, as one who lives in California, I don't have a lot of experience in that type of weather.  This brings me to my point.

On vacation, I typically do not shave. I don't shave because I tend to be a bit lazy with my days. The water is different than at home. There is a different pressure coming out of the faucet. And other than my wife, I don't feel the need to impress anyone.

So I dont. I go scruffy. Gray a bit, but certainly scruffy.

However, what I am finding is that this humidity is causing me to be very itchy on my face. So I scratch. Now it hurts. So I scratch.

To shave or not to shave...

No comments:

Post a Comment